Escape the Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 posters

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:58 pm

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Katrina
Katrina shrugged. "I really doubt I'll ever find a way to get out of the huge pit of lies I've created, no matter how much time we're given," she muttered, a little frustrated at that. She didn't really like to lie, but she needed it. She knew that plenty of people had survived without lying and being deceitful, but she just wasn't sure how to get out, and if she really wanted to. She leaned against Spider when she heard him thinking about hugging her. She knew no one would notice and it was kind of similar to a hug. "I'd rather Avery was here than still in that mental hospital," she said quietly. "I know they'll get in the way a little bit, but in the end it would be better if they were here than if they were still in the hospital," she said. She was absolutely positive about that, and even though she knew Avery might be bothersome at times, she'd definitely rather have her here. "At least while they're here we won't worry so much about what they're doing. And I could always find some way to get away from acting. And, um, thanks... for caring about what they say. Like why you didn't hug me," she said with a little smile. She sighed tiredly and noticed that the sun was starting to set. She was glad, she was tired and she knew Avery, Wren, and Magic were all tired too. She decided that she'd tell Spider what she had heard Avery thinking about later since she knew they were all tired and she wanted to mention it to Avery first.

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Katrina2
Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Nice Piece Of Art Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:32 pm

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Brokenheart-5

"You can probably just talk to Calypso, if she doesn't run away. She only fights to defend herself. Scared of her own shadow, poor thing. I've tried to talk to her, but she's just shied away," Spider suggested to Avery and endured the uncomfortable stares of those Katrina introduced their relatives to. He could only imagine what torture Katrina was going through right now. He sighed when they were alone and she complained to him about talking to people. He felt the urge to give her a little hug, but didn't think she needed the extra gossip from the girls. "I know... I wish I could just fix this whole mess for you like that, but I guess it's gonna have to take time," he murmured. Maybe Wren, Magic, and Avery showing up wasn't as good as they'd thought it would be.

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 D21
ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Cooltext621645372
A Nice Piece Of Art
A Nice Piece Of Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Katrina smiled slightly back at Spider. She could hear everything he was sorry for and sighed silently. This was the reason why she never told anyone about her secret, because she knew someone was going to spill it. She knew he was trying to or meant to, but it didn't take away from the fact that she needed it to stay hidden from everyone. She hoped Wren would drop the subject because the more you tried to explain it the more likely it was that he'd catch something that was off. And she couldn't control what he said and if she did all the talking it'd be worse. She put on a friendly smile when he mentioned going back to the camp. She agreed that neither of them had any 'real friends', but she would have no trouble introducing them to people. She started to walk back, Avery closely walking to her. "S-so you guys... fight...?" she asked nervously. "Umm... yes- but you don't have to fight, don't worry. You can just stay away from it all," Katrina replied with a smile. She had consider this, and never really reached a conclusion besides that. "You'll be alright, don't worry," she assured. She walked onto the camp grounds and started introducing her sister and Wren and Magic to her 'friends'. She rolled her eyes on the inside, hating to interact with these people and now she had to talk to them. She stepped back from the group of three and let them talk together. She slowly made her way over to Spider and sighed rolling her eyes when she was turned away from everyone. "I really hate talking to those people..." she murmured, crossing her arms. She sighed, annoyed at the fact that she had to start acting again. She knew it had to started again eventually, she just expected to get a couple more hours off.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Nice Piece Of Art Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:36 pm

Spider turned to Wren. "Yeah, she's probably right. She's always thinking about some way to get an advantage over the Hegos. They're the rivals of our group, though no one exatly remembers why. We just don't get along. Plus there's kind of a lot that's been going on," he pointed out, using a great deal of effort to act like it was no big deal. He shot an appologetic glance at Katrina. He was sorry that she had to act again, had to be who she didn't really want to be. He was sorry that his cousin had turned out to be empathetic and was already onto her. He was sorry that he was such a horrible liar and had no doubt tipped Wren off about her secret. Wren looked at Spider suspiciously. Spider just smiled. "Yeah, let's go introduce you to some people." Not that either of us have any real friends other than each other... he thought.

A Nice Piece Of Art
A Nice Piece Of Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:15 pm

Katrina smiled a little bit over at Spider, hearing his thoughts about them meeting before they had. Avery blinked up at Katrina who nodded as Spider explained why they hadn't come to get them yet. She watched as Wren walked over to her and walked over to Spider. She could hear his thoughts as he planned out what he was saying to Spider. She gritted her teeth, she really hated this. So he's got something like... Empathy? This isn't good if he can tell what my feelings are when I'm trying to hide them... she glanced over at Wren and narrowed her eyes slightly. "Yeah I've got quite a few emotions going on right now... I'm usually the one who comes up attack strategies, so I'm always trying to plan something out. Maybe that's it?" she asked politely. "Sorry, I'm a mind reader and I can't really turn it off," she said with a nervous smile. She knew Spider had understood her when she gave him a look that said "don't tell anyone", but she still worried. She could tell Wren and Magic could be very influential, especially when they wanted to know something. And Spider wasn't exactly the best at keeping secrets and they probably knew it. But she needed to keep it a secret, even now when it seemed like it didn't mater. And if Wren or Magic found out, they'd go straight to Avery to tell her what she had been keeping from her since she was 1. She knew Avery would be alright, but it'd make a huge difference depending on who told her. She wanted it to be her, and she always found ways to get what she wanted. "Why don't we show you the camp?" she asked with a smile. Time to put your act back on... her voice commented. Yeah... she responded miserably.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Nice Piece Of Art Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:31 pm

How odd that our relatives would becaome friendly with each other before Katrina and I even knew each other... Spider thought as Avery introduced his cousins to her sister. He caught Katrina's smile, looked at her, confused for a second, then understood. He gave her a somewhat grim nod. Silus really had pushed her hard if she hadn't even told her sister yet. Spider turned to his cousins. "I'm really sorry that I haven't been able to visit. It's just been killing me inside. I had to go into hding because... Um... Well, you're gonna think I'm crazy for saying this..." "Try me," Wren challenged. "Well, the Simals - the group of people I'm with now - were checked out by some 'professionals' because everyone thought we were crazy. I don't blame them. We were supposed to be sent to the mental hospital you were in. I thought about just letting them take me, but then I remembered what they did to Magic. I knew I'd never be able to get all three of us out, especially if I was in ther with you. I was planning on somehow getting you out, but obviously you beat me to it. Anyway, point is, they think I'm crazy because I can talk to animals..." he murmured, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. He watched as Wren smirked and walked over to Katrina and touched her arm gently. Spider watched as Wren cringed, then stepped back, a somewhat grim look on his face. He walked back over to Spider. Spider blinked up at him. "What was that?" "Her outside emotion doesn't match what she feels, does it? Well, I mean, I suppose it does to an extent. She's excited to Avery, but..." Wren whispered. Spider looked up at him, shocked. "You too?" Wren smiled and crossed his arms. "Pretty much."

A Nice Piece Of Art
A Nice Piece Of Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Katrina sighed as she lay on the ground and looked over at Spider. "Voices?" she asked. She thought she had heard some, but she assumed it was Spider's thoughts or something. She sat up as Spider got up and walked away. She saw some guy hug him from behind and understood who he was. She smiled a little as he talked a little with his cousin and couldn't help but wished her sister was there as well. She got up as Spider called her and began walking over to him. She paused for a moment, hearing thoughts of someone that she hadn't heard in a year. No, it's not logical but... She turned her head and her eyes widened a little bit as she saw her sister walking towards her. She ran towards Avery and hugged her tightly, knowing she wouldn't flinch or cringe because she never did with her.

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Avery
Avery took a few steps towards Spider, assuming he was alright for now. "You know who Katrina Cantain is...?" she asked in disbelief. Just then she saw Katrina and practically froze. Suddenly she felt her sister's arms around her. She didn't flinch or try to back away, she knew Katrina would never do something like that. She smiled up at her sister and turned towards Wren. "Um, that's Wren, and Magic's over there," she said, pointing to each of them. Katrina smiled at both of them, not because she was glad to meet them, but because of something she heard Avery thinking about. I guess it's time to start acting again... Katrina thought to herself. Avery still didn't know about that. She knew she wouldn't care much if and when she found out, but she'd talk to her about it later if she ever did. Katrina glanced over at Spider with half of a smile almost like she was reminding him to keep his mouth shut about it. She didn't bother asking about what happened since she already knew it from the three of their minds.

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Avery2
Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Nice Piece Of Art Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Spider turned to look at Katrina. "Do you hear that?" he hissed, pushing his way through the bushes. "It sounds like someone's talking..." He watched behind the bushes, blinking in disbelief as he watched a very familiar stand up with a girl he had seen at the asylum many times before. He stumbled out of the bushes and stared at the young man for a moment before the pair noticed him. "Wren..." Spider murmured, and the two met and embraced, smiling and laughing. Spider suddenly felt the wind nearly get knocked out of him as he was tackled from behind. "Magic, is that you?" he laughed. "Uh-huh." "Katrina! Get out here! I want you to meet someone!" Spider stared at Wren as he froze, then slowly turned to look at the girl from the asylum. He looked back at Spider. "Katrina... Cantain?" Spider nodded slowly. "Yeah... Why?" Wren just smiled at the girl who was behind him now.

A Nice Piece Of Art
A Nice Piece Of Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Avery gasped when she heard footsteps and flinched when she felt someone hugging her but relaxed a little when she realized it was Wren. She frowned and hugged his arm. "I know I know, I'm really sorry... I didn't mean to..." she said sadly. "It was like it was just automatic. I knew I shouldn't have done it, but I just couldn't let myself get hurt. I know you said that you wouldn't let anything happen to me, I just..." she sighed and rested her head on his arm. She glanced around from where she was sitting, hoping they'd be able to find their way back for a couple of reasons. It made her nervous that Magic was by himself, but she was more glad that he had found her. She really did think she wouldn't have been able to find her way back, at least for a while. She wrapped her hands around his wrist and smiled a little bit, feeling somewhat safer. "Sorry... again... about all of this..." she murmured. She got onto her knees, then stood up and helped Wren up. She wasn't sure but it was almost as if he didn't want to let go. "I guess we should start figuring out how to... get... back..." her voice trailed off as she saw something moving. She wasn't exactly scared since she wasn't sure if she was hallucinating since it didn't seem real that there would be another person out in the woods. It's got to be a hallucination... He seems familiar, so it's probably just my mind projecting things... But she knew she was never one to hallucinate, and there didn't seem anything about the person that made him seem unrealistic. The red hair definitely stood out against the background, so it wasn't like some trees that happened to look like a person. "Hey Wren..." Avery murmured, not really wanting to ask but she had to know. "Do... Do you see a man standing over there...?" she asked, still not really believing that she saw him.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Nice Piece Of Art Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:15 am

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Brokenheart-6

"AVERY!" Wren called out as he ran after her. Man... he thought. She's fast. I suppose that makes sense, though, seeing as she's always terrified. He looked around frantically, calling the girl's name. He looked down at the trampled ferns, sticks, and leaves. He followed the trail until he found Avery sitting beneath a tree. He ran over to her, knelt down, and embraced her once more, holding her close and not wanting to let go. "Don't you [i]ever do that again," he warned her, but realized that he could never stay made at her and bowed his head over the girl. "You're not the only one who gets scared, you know..." he murmured. "For a second there, I thought you were gone. I wasn't sure I'd be able to find you again. And then where would I be? The only person left to go missing would be Magic. Then I'd be all alone..." he pointed out, half to himself. He realized that he'd left Magic behind, but thought nothing of it. He had no doubt that his brother would join in the brawl, thinking it fun, and defeat all of the fighters. Wren had given him permission to help break up any fights they encountered while Avery was asleep on the train.

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 D26
ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Cooltext637607843

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Brokenheart-7

Magic watched as Wren ran off. He left you! He doesn't want you... He just wants her! You're nothing to him! the voices spat, and, for once, Magic had the power to ignore them. "No... He'll be back," he murmured and looked over at the fist fight. "Right now, he wants me to win." He cocked his head and waited for the men and woman to notice him. Almost in unison, the fighters seemed to notice Magic's presence and turned to threaten him. "What are you looking at, kid?" The red-headed woman asked, hunched over with one dagger between her teeth, another in her hand. There seemed to be not a scratch on her, while the other large, burley men had plenty of cuts and bruises. "Well? Are you going to answer me?" she spat. She looked to be about Magic's age, maybe a bit younger. Magic walked over to a broken store window, courtesy of the fight, and picked up a shard of class. He looked over his shoulder at the woman and hurled it at her like a frisbee. She leapt into the air as a pair of blood-red wings shot from her back. Before he knew it, the men around her were falling to the ground, dead. Magic looked up at her. "Fool. Now I have to kill you." Magic smiled, a glass dagger behind his back. It hadn't taken him long to break it just right so that it would insert into the woman's stomach right... about... now. She dove toward Magic, who pulled out the glass right before the young woman could kill him. She did, however, recieve a thin cut on the right side of his neck. The red-head coughed, spewing out blood. She moaned and flapped her wings, cringing as the dagger left her stomach. She glared at Magic, shuddered, and took off. Magic sat and crossed his legs, waiting for his brother to return.

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 D28
ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 Cooltext637629814
A Nice Piece Of Art
A Nice Piece Of Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:36 pm

Avery looked up at Wren's hand and placed hers in it even though she didn't need the help. She stepped off the train, making sure Wren and Magic were right behind her, which they were. She walked up the stairs and out into the city. She glanced around, not really expecting to see her sister, but where to start. She almost wanted to look in the woods first, but she couldn't picture Katrina living out there. She wondered if walking around would be enough, like Katrina would see them if she was there, but she doubted that. "I guess we should just look around..." she murmured, not able to think of anything else they would do. She let Wren and Magic stay one step ahead of her so she wouldn't have to keep looking behind to see where they were. She felt a little awkward being so much shorter than them, especially since 5'7" wasn't really 'short'. She looked back down at her feet, hoping no one would talk to them or really even come near them. She looked back up and her eyes widened as she saw fists flying in a fight nearby. She stopped walking and froze in fear, wanting desperately to get away but just froze. She took a step backwards, then another, and then sprinted away into the woods. Her mind kept telling her to stop but her legs kept going. She finally stopped running and realized what a mess she had gotten herself into. She looked around, not knowing which direction she had came from. You're so stupid! Wren said he wouldn't let anything happen to you, but you just HAD to run, didn't you? she scolded herself. She banged her head against the tree, mad at what she just did. She hadn't meant to run, it was just the only thing she did when something like that happened. She leaned against the tree and sat down, putting her head on her knees and holding back tears. "Why do I have to be like this...?" she asked silently as a tear slipped out. She ran her fingers through her hair and took in a deep sigh, having no idea what to do.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Nice Piece Of Art Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Wren yawned and stretched now that Avery had woken up and removed her head from his shoulder. He hadn't minded at all, but he figured he might as well shake out all of those tired feelings you get when you've been sitting for a while before they got off the train and started searching again. Okay, Wren. Eight times four. Thirty-two. Square route of thirty-six. Six. Twelve divided by six. Two, he thought, trying to wake his mind up a bit. He hadn't fallen asleep. No, he'd forced himself to stay awake and keep an eye on Avery and Magic. He probably wouldn't have fallen asleep anyway. He never could fall asleep in a moving vehicle. Magic had stayed up with him, surveying the other passengers curiously. Wren stood and shook his legs out as the train finally pulled to a stop. "Come on. Let's go," he said, offering a hand to Avery. "We have no idea where they could be right now. We have a whole town to search," he reminded everyone.

A Nice Piece Of Art
A Nice Piece Of Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Avery took her ticket, her hands shaking a little. She'd be nervous that they'd get caught until they had found her sister and their cousin. She took in a deep breath and walked down the stairs to the platform. She was a little overwhelmed by all the people but she kept refocusing her mind on other things. She jumped back a little and grabbed Wren's arm as the train roared by. She relaxed a little as it came to a stop and realized what she was doing. "S-sorry..." she said, her cheeks turning red. She looked downward, wishing she wasn't such a nervous wreck all the time. She glanced upwards at the doors opening and all the people boarding and her stomach knotted up. She slowly walked forward, making sure she could always see at least Wren or Magic. She made her way over to a group of three empty seats. Avery sat in the end seat and jerked as the train started to move. She smiled a little at Wren. "Um, thanks..." she said quietly. There wasn't one specific thing she had thanked him for, it was more for just everything since the last time she had. Her eyes started to drift shut as the train rocked her to sleep

Avery blinked her eyes open almost two hours later and quickly sat up straight once she realized her head was on Wren's shoulder. She opened her mouth to apologize again but stopped when she saw him smiling at her. "Uhh... Do you know how much longer we have...?" she asked, feeling a little awkward. "15 minutes until our next stop, Jackridge." the voice said over the intercom. She smiled and laughed a little bit. "Um, never mind then..." Sure enough, 15 minutes later the train jerked to a stop and the doors open. She looked over at Wren and Magic. "Ready?"

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Nice Piece Of Art Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:01 pm

Wren shifted nervously as Magic looked down at his feet with his hands in his pockets. He wondered how Avery was doing inside the building by herself. He breathed a sigh of relief when she came out a few minutes later. He looked at the clothes she handed them. He smiled up at her. "You can touch these clothes and the changing room door," he informed Magic. "These are perfect," he assured Avery, and headed inside to change, Magic on his heels. As soon as he'd pulled his pants up, he realized that they were a tad wide in the waist. He knew they'd be that way for Magic too. He slipped outside, holding his pants up, grabbed a pair of white belts. He wrapped one around his waist. Noticing the slippers on his feet, he grabbed two pairs of tall, white, converse-like shoes, putting one pair on. He grabbed anouther pair of lime green Converse he though that Avery wound like. He handed them to her on his way to Magic's stall. "You may need these," he told her as he tossed the belt and shoes over to Magic. "You can touch these," he told his brother. Then he remembered something and searched his old jeans for the small wad of money he'd collected over the past year. "Almost forgot about this..." he murmured. There was maybe seventy-five dollars there. "I'll pay for the shoes and belts," he told Avery and paid the cashier. "Here. Keep the change. We're in a bit of a rush. Sorry," he rambled and rushed outside with Avery and Magic to the subway station. "Three tickets to Jackridge, please."

A Nice Piece Of Art
A Nice Piece Of Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:25 pm

Avery looked nervously around at all the people but snapped out of her shock when Wren started talking. She smiled a little bit, knowing he was stressed. "I know where to go, don't worry," she said. It felt weird for her to be telling him not to worry when she was the nervous wreck. "It's about a two or three hour train ride south of here. I think it's still in New York, but the subway will get us there. We'll be alright for food whither or not we decide to stop," she said as she looked up and down the streets and waited for the light to turn red. She jogged across the street with Wren and Magic and into one of the huge clothing stores. She took a little sigh of relief, glad she was 'alright' so far. She was glad it was a Wednesday and about 1 in the afternoon, everyone was at work so the city wasn't as crowded and it normally would be. Every time she had ever gone shopping with Katrina, her sister would always complain that she was the world's fastest shopper. Katrina always wanted to take her time and look around, but Avery's uncomfortableness around crowds made her hurry up and get everything she needed. "You can just wait here with Magic, I'll be really fast, trust me," she said with a little laugh and a smile. Sure enough she had picked up everything in a little over five minutes and was back with everything paid for. "Sorry I got you guys the same thing... we don't exactly have a ton of time, so..." she said, shrugging as she handed them a pair of black jeans, a grey and black stripped shirt, and a long black jacket. "I guess we should just change now..." she said and went into one of the stalls to change. She came out a few moments later in a green shirt and light blue jeans. She looked at herself, feeling strange to be wearing something other than a white shirt. She felt extremely self conscious for some reason, thinking it had something to do with wondering if Wren liked it.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Nice Piece Of Art Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:46 pm

Wren took in a deep breath and let it out nervously. He glanced over at Magic, who was picking at the scabs from the fresh cuts on his arms. "We should at least get him a jacket. You know how New York City is. It's not exactly friendly," he pointed out. He turned to Avery. "Do you know if Jackridge is in New York? I'm just trying to figure out how much we can spend on clothing. We can go a few days without food. Transportation is most important right now. Might get a bit hungry, but we won't die. We can get McDonalds or something if the trip lasts longer than expected," he explained.
A Nice Piece Of Art
A Nice Piece Of Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Avery tensed as his hand landed on her shoulder. She wasn't exactly sure why, but the only touch she didn't tense or flinch at was her sister's. No matter who it was she tensed up when someone touched her, except Katrina. She had always just figured it was because she was the only one in her house that didn't scar her for life. She stayed tense as he hugged her and felt a tug in the middle of her chest, glad she didn't tense up more like she normally would. She hoped he wouldn't think that she was afraid of him or something like that from tensing up so much. It would have happened with anyone, but she normally wouldn't even let anyone get close enough to hug her, let alone not tense up more. She was glad he had hugged her though, she hadn't had anyone hug in a year. She smiled as he assured her that he'd be with her the whole time. She already knew he would, but she also liked to hear him say it. She smiled a little bit over at Magic who seemed to be entertained by almost anything. She turned towards the streets and took in a deep breath. She hadn't been out in public in a long time. Even before she went into the hospital it had been a while since she went out. Even if Wren was alright with her saying 'no', she still didn't want to. She looked around at everything and took a step backwards, nervous about all the motion at once. She brushed her hair behind her ears and folded her hands nervously. "So... where do we go first...?" she asked nervously. She still wasn't too excited about doing this, but she just had to keep reminding herself that she'd soon be back with her sister. Just keep going, eventually you'll get to Katrina and you'll be fine... Just keep going...

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Nice Piece Of Art Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:55 pm

"Feel free to make suggestions anyway or tell me 'no.' I won't get upset," Wren promised. He looked over at Avery as she spoke. She brought up a valid point... He'd almost forgotten who he was with. Of course, that was probably a good sign. It meant that they had acted normal enough on their way here. But how would they act in public? "No, you're right. We need to stay away from people as much as possible... I'm just not sure how to do that and still get to where we need to get." He tuirned to Avery. He sighed and his eyes softened. He placed a hand gently on her shoulder. He was immediately hit with a flood of emotion. His muscles tensed, then relaxed as the emotion faded. She's scared... I knew that already, but I didn't know that she could be this scared... And what's that... That's not normal fear... It's not fear of anything physical... Rejection. She's afraid that I'll reject her. Wren smiled and wrapped his arms around Avery gently, then stood up. "Relax. Everything's going to be okay. I'll be right next to you the whole time. Just remember. As long as I'm right here, you'll have nothing to fear but fear itself. And I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. Got it?" he assured her. Wren turned to his brother, who was picking at the bark on a nearby tree as he waited for Avery and Wren to finish up. He squinted at a divot and poked at it with the butt of one of his arrows. "Magic," Wren called, and his twin whipped around to face him, tilting his head curiously. Wren smiled. "Don't touch anything that I don't tell you you can touch, okay? It's a game. If you touch something that I didn't say you could touch, I take a Skittle away. But every five minuites you go without touching anything I don't say that you can touch, I will add a Skittle. I'll give you your Skittles when the game is over. Make sense?" Magic hesitated, eyes wide, but nodded after a little while. Wren knew that it was a lot for him to absorb, but he seemed to get it. "If you talk to anyone, then I will also take a Skittle away. Okay?" Magic nodded. "Alright. You can touch me, the ground, and anything that lays on the ground." He took in a deep breath, let it out, and nodded. That should do the trick for now, he thought. I may have to improvise a bit, but I think we'll be good for now. "Let's go."

A Nice Piece Of Art
A Nice Piece Of Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:48 pm

Avery smile a little. "No it's fine, I wouldn't have any idea about what to do anyways," she said with a little laugh. She sighed as she slowed down to a walk. She was kind of glad that they could start walking now since she didn't really have any muscles. She honestly did care if Wren was being "pushy" because she probably would have just kept running until she reached civilization. She realized that they'd probably stick out in public whither or not they were wearing the right clothes. Magic was... well, Magic, and Avery'd probably end up jumping at everything. "Okay but whatever we do in public I think we should do it as fast as we can since, um... You know Magic and I are, um, different, I guess..." she muttered. She looked away, embarrassed that she didn't think she'd know how to act in public. No one could say for sure how fast the news of them would travel, and if everyone was on the look out for 3 teenagers who looked like they belonged in a mental hospital, they'd stick out even more. "I mean, I don't have any problem with your plans, I just think we should remember that we can't really stay around people..." her voice trailed off as she felt like she was increasing the awkwardness of the situation. The last thing she wanted was for Wren to hate or dislike her, especially now. "I'm sorry maybe I should just... um..." she stopped herself again, feeling like she was just making it even worse. "Um, never mind, I guess about that last little thing," she said with an awkward smile. Now you've done it, smart one. If he didn't think you were weird before, now he'll definitely think you are! she scolded in her head.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Nice Piece Of Art Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:26 pm

Wren gave a little nod as he continued to jog. "Sounds good to me. Now that you mention it, that name sounds familiar," he panted. "Hold up a second," he murmured and slowed to a hault. He looked around a bit. "Let's see..." He noticed some moss on a rock and turned west. "The train station's this way," he uttered and began to jog. After about twenty minutes of running, Wren slowed the group down. "We'd better catch our breath and walk to rest of the way. It'll look suspicious if we're all hot and sweaty." He looked down at their clothes. "Then again, these will probably give us away." They were all wearing the jeans and white t-shirts and robes given to them by the asylum. "I think we'll be able to get away with the jeans and t-shirts. Ditch the robes, though. It's a little weird that we're all dressed the same, but we should be able to make it. We may want to go buy some clothes at that mall across the street, from the station, though," he suggested, and decided to appologize for his demands. "Sorry if I'm being pushy. I just get like this when I'm... tense, I guess would be the best word for it..."

A Nice Piece Of Art
A Nice Piece Of Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Avery thought for a moment and shrugged. "I think she said something about some place called Jackridge, but I don't really know why she brought it up. She never said she was going there, but it could be a good place to started looking..." she said. She honestly had no idea where she could be, but she heard her murmur something about that place. But when she asked why she had mentioned it, she just shook her head and smiled. She hoped it was the right place, even thought it was highly unlikely. She just wanted to hide with her sister, Wren, Magic, and their cousin if they found him. She knew she'd be fine if they could just get to that, but there was no way of knowing yet. She wanted to run faster, but it probably wouldn't make much of a difference if she did. "I just wish we could teleport to them or something..." she said with a little laugh. "So should we just get on a train to Jackridge, or do you have a better idea?" she asked. "I really don't care as long as we don't get caught," she said with a little smile.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Nice Piece Of Art Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Wren's heart fluttered inside his chest. They'd done it! They'd actually done it! He smiled as he glanced over at his brother, on his right, and then Avery, on his left. "We're not out of the woods yet - er - well, you know what I mean," he reminded himself and Avery, who had voiced his thoughts. "Once they realize that we're gone, they'll have everyone in the area looking for us. Especially you. We need to disappear completely." He looked over at the money in Avery's hand. "This woods have to end somewhere, and word shouldn't get out about our escape until tomorrow. Only the asylum should be looking for us today. Dis your sister say where she was planning to go when she disappeared?" he asked, continuing his jog. They might as well look for their relatives while they could. They had a very small window in which they could do so, maybe a slightly larger one if Spider and Katrina happened to be far away. The media would be on the side of the asylum, and it moved fast, but it could take a couple days for it to spread too far, depending on how far the police thought that the escapees could run. Wren hoped that the "Insane" label and the thousands of people would keep the searching area in New York City for a while.

A Nice Piece Of Art
A Nice Piece Of Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Avery nodded, tensing up and forcing herself to stay somewhat calm. She started making her way towards the woods and prayed over and over again that they'd make it. She felt like she was insane, but everyone was in one way or another. She felt a lot safer once she passed the first tree and still didn't hear anything that indicated they noticed that they escaped. She wanted to let out a sigh of relief, but not until they were a mile away. She knew that if they were to get caught and brought back to the hospital, it'd be even harder for them to escape. She glanced back often as she walked until the hospital was out of sight. She was more excited that they hadn't encountered any guards than anything else. She glanced back at Wren and Magic and smiled a little, and waited for them to catch up since she knew they didn't need her to lead anymore. She hoped Magic would get better soon but it was anyone's guess as to how soon he'd be back to "normal". She couldn't help but look around as they jogged, finally being in the woods after staring at it through a window for so long. "I can't believe we finally did it..." she murmured, still awestruck. Now all she wanted was to find her sister, which she knew would be incredibly difficult. She could be anywhere. She wondered if her parents might know where she went, but she still didn't really want to ask. Plus, her dad would probably try to take her back if he knew she was out of the hospital. Suddenly she remembered something and shoved her hands into the pockets of her pants and laughed excitedly. Katrina had given her almost $100, saying "just in case". She always thought she'd never use it, but she had never been so excited to be wearing the jeans she wore when she last saw Katrina. "Oh my gosh I can't believe it's still alright after a year..." she said as she pulled the money out of her pockets. It was a little torn, but still usable. She was glad she had it so they could take a train or something instead of walking all over the country.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Nice Piece Of Art Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:58 pm

ooc/
Well, you know, it makes more sense than having him butcher the table.

bic/
Wren followed closely behind Avery, using all five of his senses to look for any sign of danger, as his dreadful father had taught him to do. He couldn't help but close his eyes and take in a deep breath of fresh air. Fresh air... He hadn't had that in the longest time... But he could enjoy it later. Back to business. Wren looked around for something to block the door with to buy them some time, but didn't see anything, so he took a few joging steps to catch up with Avery. Magic followed. "As soon as we can't see the spot we came in from, we start to jog. The farther we go, the better, so we don't sprint. We pace ourselves," he murmured. He instantly felt like he was being opushy, but he knew that this was one of their few chances, if not their only chance, of survival. He intended to make it count.

A Nice Piece Of Art
A Nice Piece Of Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:19 pm

-ooc-
yes because it's such a good idea to have a fireplace in a mental hospital :')

-bic-
Avery honestly wasn't too crazy about the idea of a weapon, but she knew it'd be part of her not getting hurt. She watched Magic put together the arrows, feeling like it was a sign that he was still "there". "Oh no, well my sister told me about the cameras, I didn't figure that out..." she said, blushing at the compliment. She took in a deep breath and stood up. She slowly started walking towards the hallway she never wanted to go down because she knew what it meant. It meant they were going to dissect you or something. She forced herself not to glance back every few seconds to check they were there still following her. She could hear her footsteps, but it still made her nervous. She wanted to act "normal" while the cameras could still see her, just in case someone actually was watching the cameras. She doubted anyone was, but she'd rather be safe than sorry. Once she was in the area where the cameras were shut off, she tensed up and started praying that no one would find her. She glanced around and saw Magic and Wren still behind her. It made her feel a little better, but it barely calmed her nerves. Then she saw it, the door that she knew would get them out of that horrible place finally. She walked up to it and pushed it open as quietly as she could and held the door for Wren and Magic and breathed in real air for the first time in a year. She put her finger to her lips and looked at Wren and Magic, trying to tell them that they couldn't talk yet. We just need to make it into the woods then a mile and we're safe. she thought to herself. She wanted to scream excitedly or to just run and lay in the grass, but they could do that as soon as they were a mile away. She looked at the brothers again and jerked her head towards the woods and slowly started walking towards it.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum