Escape the Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:18 am

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 10 Katrina
Katrina's eyes widened as she heard him asking her to just tell him the truth. She felt a hard tug in the middle of her chest, more towards the left side, as he wrapped his arms around her. She wanted to lie so desperately with all of her heart but she felt like if he was ever going to forgive her, telling him any later would be too late. She closed her eyes as tightly as she could but a tear or two still slipped out. "Of course I'm not okay," she said, chocking on her tears. "I can't tell you because you'll hate me forever and you'll never forgive me, but I have to tell you because someone has to know because I can't take this anymore!" She covered her face with her hands and just sat there and sobbed for a while. "I hate almost every human being I've ever come in contact with. I hate my mother for spending all of the money we had on drugs. I hate my father for abusing my little sister. I hate him for punching my sister and kicking her and telling her that she's no good and for scaring her so badly for life that she has to stay in a mental hospital for 5 years and I can't see her because then they'll put me in there too! I hate almost everyone here. I hate all the girls who think I'm their friend when I hate them because all they care about is gossip. I hate everyone who I went to school with. I hate all the people who used me to make themselves look better. I hate Silus for forcing me into this when I told him that I would take care of it and I was going to eventually tell you but I didn't want it to happen like this," she said, wanting to scream it. She took in a deep breath knowing that the next part was going to be the hardest. "But I hate myself more than anyone else. For being a fake, for being so smart, for lying, and being a hypocrite, and not caring for anyone, and for hurting so many people, and for hurting you, and for manipulating people, for using all of my friends and boyfriends, and this hole I've gotten myself into, and for giving up on my sister, and for murdering someone, and for just my whole stupid life. What are you supposed to do when your parents won't take care of you or your family...? Because I chose to manipulate people into giving me their money so that I could take care of my stupid parents and my poor sister. I got so caught up in just always faking it that it was just natural and I played the act on you and you fell for it, but I couldn't think of how to manipulate you, so I just... I don't know I just realized that I have nothing to gain out here, and..." she took in a few deep breaths, still crying, and let her hands drop into her lap. "...I just want to go home..." she murmured. Even she wasn't sure what she meant by that. She definitely didn't want to go back to New York City, and she wasn't talking about the Simals camp. All she knew is that she wanted to go somewhere that felt like what a home should feel like.

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 10 Katrina2
Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥ Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:21 pm

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 10 Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_Ni_by_Crazy_-2

Spider did neither. He slipped his hand out from under Katrina's and wrapped his arms around her. He let her rest her head on his chest and set his chin gently on top of her head. "I'm fine. But you're not. Are you?" He sighed and rubbed Katrina's shoulder. "It's okay. You can just let it out. I don't mind. I promise I won't tell anyone. Swear on my own life," he murmured. Spider closed his eyes. "Just tell me who you really are. Please. Honestly, I don't care if you were someone like Adolf Hitler or Osama bin Laden. Just so long as you're really my friend. Just tell me the truth," he breathed. Something about that man made Spider believe him. He didn't trust the Hego, but Spider saw that the man was incredibly intelligent. Spider could tell that he knew what he was talking about. That didn't mean that Spider would put his life in the hands of the mysterious man. Katrina was a differnt story, though... Spider trusted her. Only to an extent, oif course. Like the silver-haired man had said, he'd only known her for a day and a half.

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 10 D21
ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 10 Cooltext621645372
♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
Admin

https://escapetheasylum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Katrina's muscles tensed as he spoke holding back every urge to take her knife out and stab him until he was dead. She just looked at the ground in front of her and let her hair fall and cover her face. His words really did sting her, but she still wasn't going to stop her act. It was all she had, what she did, how she survived. She slowly raised one of her delicate hands and touched her lips gently with her fingers. Her face tightened up as she shut her eyes as tightly as she could to prevent herself from crying. Her hand spread out and covered her whole face, soon joined by her other hand to cover up more of her face. Hatred, guilt and frustration pulsed through her, but mostly hatred more than anything else. She took a few steps backwards until she found a tree she could lean on. It was all because of Silus. She hadn't messed up, he was just purposely trying to get inside of her mind and made everything the opposite of how it should be. She never intended to hurt people, but she also didn't care if they got hurt. She had no intentions of hurting Spider, but now that he was so much more suspicious he was bound to end up crushed one way or another. She dug her fingernails into her forehead, fighting back every feeling of wanting to stab Silus. She opened her mouth slightly, attempting to calm herself down. It only worked a little, but only enough to keep up her act. She slowly walked over to where Spider sat, keeping her hands over her face and her head down enough for her hair to cover herself. She released her knees once she was standing right over him and knelt down next to him. She relaxed her face and dropped her hands into her lap. She moved one of them and placed it on top of Spider's hands, purposely setting it there. "Are you... Are you alright...?" she asked quietly. Because I'm not... she thought to herself, answering her own question. She slowly raised her head so that her hair cleared away from her face. She smiled a little at him, a sad smile, with eyes that were watery. She felt like she should say more, but she honestly didn't know what. She knew that he'd either pull his hand away and get angry with her, or he'd smile and answer her question.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥ Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:50 pm

ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 10 Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_Ni_by_Crazy_-3
Silus took a deep breath, then let it out. "So it's going to be that way, is it?" he sighed. His jaw tensed slightly and he closed his eyes, focussing on his breathing, slowing it down and relaxing it. He opened his eyes again. "That's better. Alright, Spider," he said casually, turning to the red-head. "Come here in front of Katrina and face her, would you?" Spider hesitanted, but did as he was told. Being slighgtly taller than the young man, Silus lowered his head to Spider's left ear. "I realize that your vision's impared, but you don't really need two eyes to see, now do you? Watch her lips carefully when she talks. Everyone always gives credit to the eyes when it comes to emotions, but that's not always true, especially in this case. Katrina's lips twitch ever so slightly when she lies. It's barely detectable, but she can't help it. Everyone has tells like that." Silus raised his head. "Including myself. Even the best have trouble hiding it." He glanced at Katrina. "You've had the pleasure of watching a professional liar in action. I admit that I had trouble finding her tell at first. Oh, did I mention that I have this habit of sneaking when I'm bored? Sorry. Must have forgotten. Anyway, just watch yourself. And as for Katrina..." Silus sighed and placed his hands in his pockets. "Just remember the reaction at the thought of betrayal now, after only a day and a half. If this continues, it's going to get a whole lot messier. Someone finally wants to be friends with you, real friends, and you're blowing it. He's the pone who broke that rule you were talking about, not you. Sure, you may have good looks, but he ingored them. You may have popularity, but he ignored that, too. He didn't seek to gain anything from talking to you other than a possible friend. That's a rare thing these days. Embrace it." Silus turned to leave, but stopped to look at Katrina over his shoulder. "Oh, and you're a horrible guesser. Can't read people very well when you can't read their thoughts, can you? It wasn't the lab. It was the betrayal. The fake closeness. Stop trying to figure me out. You're wasting your time," he told her and turned to leave again. Even I can't figure myself out. That's what people like you have done to me.
ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 10 D24
ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 10 Cooltext621679333

Spider blinked. What the heck was going on? He sighed and sat down, deciding not to weigh who he should trust right now. He had no clue, so he didn't even bother. He'd wait until later to figure this whole thing out. He thought about what the Hego had said about Katrina's tell. Maybe he'd try it sometime, but he wasn't so sure about it. Still, it didn't sound like he was making it up.

♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:29 pm

Katrina's heart practically skipped a beat when she heard his thoughts come into her mind. Her eyes were filled with a terrified look when he came into where they stood. She took a couple steps backwards, knowing what she had to do. "Spider, I... I lied to you. He doesn't want to stalk me, he just wants to kill me for something I didn't do!" she said, her voice getting louder at the end. "That's why he was creeping around outside of my tent last night. I'm sorry, I just didn't want you to worry about me. It's my problem and I shouldn't have to drag you into this!" she practically yelled, turning towards Spider. "Listen to me, do not trust anything he says. I told you that you can trust me, and I mean it, don't listen to him!" She started backing up a little more, with a not so fake terrified look on her face. She knew he'd change into his other self any minute now, and everything she was saying was making him more and more furious. She refused to let him tell her secret without one heck of a fight. She was actually quite nervous at the moment, wondering if he'd actually kill her. "I'm not apart of the lab, I'm not working with her!" she yelled at Silus. Luckily for her, comparing his ex-girlfriend to her brought back a few memories, just the kind she needed. You are just like the woman who made me this way. So know she knew that he had a girlfriend who lured him to the lab that is chasing them now. Therefore, Silus wanted to kill her because he thought that Katrina was working with the lab and his ex-girlfriend. She took in deep shaky breaths, mentally preparing herself for the fight she knew would come any second now. She was very mad at him at the moment, for following her when he said he wouldn't, for intending to tell her secret when she said that she would eventually tell him, for butting back in when he said he wouldn't. Now she just had to wait and see who Spider trusted. If he trusted her, then everything would be as close to normal as it was before. If he believed Silus... things would get a lot messier than they already were. By a lot.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥ Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:22 pm

I was afriad you might do that. Oh well. Just means I have to show myself Silus thought as he stepped out of the woods and into Spider and Katrina's veiw. "He just wants to hear the truth," he muttered. "Miss me, little miss Kiss of Death?" he murmured and glanced at Spider, who gave him a somewhat puzzled, yet protective. He was a loose cannon at the moment. Silus decided quietly that he would have to leep an eye on him. "Or do you not remember me? Sorry, the blood, muscles, horns, and wings come along with the moon," he explained dully. "What do you want with her?" Silus heard the man snap. He sighed and looked over at him. "Relax. I'm here to help you." That seemed to shut him up, if only for a little while. He turned back to Katrina. "Drop the cute-little-girl act, would you? Do you think it's fun being as phlegmatic as I am? You are just like the woman who made me this way. There's no way that I'm going to let you get away with this. Even if it means I have to kill you," he threatened fairly casually, only a hint of his anger seeping through the tiny cracks in his emotional wall.
♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:25 am

Katrina flinched a little bit when she heard Silus's thoughts, wanting to turn around but forced herself to look like nothing had happened. She smiled a little bit and shrugged. "I don't know. It's kind of a weird plan but it works." She knew she could have come up with a much better reason if she had enough time but all of this was coming at her so fast. "I'm sure you could take him," she said, smiling at him. "I think his looks are more intimidating than anything else," What is wrong with you? You're getting cocky, like you can just do this as you go, but you and I both know that you have to think about it. Now you've gotten yourself all tangled up in a mess of lies. You can't end it like last time so start thinking now about how you're going to get yourself out or it'll end very badly... her voice scolded. And she knew it was totally right. She should have told him that he was some guy who hates her. That way, if they ever did meet Spider would assume what Silus told him was lies because he hated her. She kept a smile on the outside, but inside she wanting to beat herself up for how badly she had messed up. Her smile disappeared when she heard him accusing her of just using him. Her eyes widened and her hand shot out and grabbed his arms. She looked up at him with eyes that seemed to have sadness and pleading in them, but of course it was all fake. She had thought about this, luckily, before and knew she had two options: One was to turn it around on her saying stuff like you really think I would do something like that? I guess I'm just not as good as a person as I thought I was... But she knew that was more for the ones below average intelligence, who wouldn't notice that slight change in subject, but she knew that he wasn't the type to easily drop a topic easily. So she went with her second option. "N-no no no no!" she exclaimed. "No, I would never do something like that! No, I-I meant that I was happy to be able to break that habit people have-" Katrina let go of Spider's arm and took a few steps away, taking in a shaky deep breath and running her fingers through her hair like she was a little upset. "Please, I honestly didn't mean it like that. You can trust me I just- I have problems... with... No, I mean... I just have this problem a lot, I just don't word my sentences right, and people take it the wrong way, and-and then they don't believe me when I try to tell them that's not what I meant, and-" she sighed again, turning away and covering her eyes with her hands. This was the part when they either apologized for misinterpreting what she said, told her it was fine or it was no big deal, or they still didn't believe her which was when she begged some more for them to believe her, which always worked.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥ Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Spider didn't necessarily buy it, but what was he going to do? What reason did Katrina have to lie to him? "I don't know if that's thye stupidest or smartest plan I've ever heard," he commented, laughing a little. He smiled. "And don't worry about it. I can handle him if he decides to start following me, though I don't see why he would. I'm never involved in any of that planning or aything," he pointed out. "I can take care of myself." Spider sighed sadly. "That's messed up," he murmured, continuing his limp through the woods. "I mean, people aren't always as bad or as good as they look." Spider stopped when she said those last words. Hurt was plastered all over his face. He probably should have expected something like that, but, for some reason, he'd let himself trust this girl. Why did he always have to be so trusting? "So that's what I am to you, is it? Some... charity work? An experiment? You knew that I didn't have any friends so you decided that you'd play along and see if you could break that rule?"

Silus purposely stepped into Katrina's radius. Uh-oh, he thought sarcastically. Looks like Someone's on to you. Even if he's a little off. He stepped out of Katrina's radius again. Not that it mattered that much. He knew what his input might do for him, but he also knew what it could do against him. He'd decided that what it could do for him outweighed the risk of what it could do against him.
♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:07 pm

"Um, it's sort of like his way of messing with the other side, I guess. He picks someone from the other side and follows them around for a while and makes them feel like they're always being watched, kind of scaring them into limiting what they do. Like he knows they won't plan attacks against the Hegos if one is watching, stuff like that. I guess he thinks I'm one of the smarter ones, one who would come up with some plan like that," Katrina lied, acting like she was almost embarrassed to call herself smart. "I just don't want him to start following you or anything... I know it seems like we should just fight him off or whatever, but I can tell from his thoughts that that's not the way to stop him," she said, smiling a little bit. "Yeah I guess it's something about looks that make people want to be around them, you know attractive to the eye, um..." She blushed a little, something that she had learned how to do on command. "I mean, I'm not calling myself attractive, er, or trying to... But, um, yes it depends a lot on what you look like. Then it's your 'personality', which is more like just how you act towards people. Everyone knows that they're all faking it, but they still act like anyone else would around someone who's mean. Like if someone insults someone else, they yell at them even though I know they'd do the same thing. But then there are times when everyone's okay with saying stuff about others, and they're all okay with it because no one's watching," she explained. She felt sort of weird, she was "criticizing" these people when she was actually worse than them. She did all that stuff too, but to a much more extreme extent. Everyone in school did it to get "friends", but she did it to get what she wanted. That was the difference between them. "And it's no problem at all," she said, smiling sweetly when he thanked her again. "I just wanted to break the rule of looks before character."

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥ Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:44 pm

Spider didn't let the subject of the Hego drop. "Well why is he always around you,?" he asked. "I mean, don't you think he would stalk other people from the Simal side as well? Did you have a beef with him in your past life or something?" he asked. He noticed that Katrina seemed really uncomfortable, almost as though she didn't want him and this Hego creeper to meet. Weird... Ah well. Probably just my overactive imagination again, he thought to himself. Spider smiled. He wouldn't let the subject of the Hego go stale, but he would converse on another subject as well. No harm done in that, right? "Well, almost perfect then. And the first thing is generally looks? Well, I guess that makes sense on a lot of levels." He shurgged. "I'm not exactly the best catch in the sea, what with all the... Well..." Spider trailed off, trying to be cheeful about it, even though it hurt to say it out loud. Just a little. He didn't really mind what he looked like, but the fact that his deformities probably turned people off stung. He'd known for a while that that was probably the case, but he'd never really said it out loud before. What was it about saying things out loud that made them hurt even more? Did it just make them more... real? Maybe. Spider smiled at Katrina. "Thanks for not letting my rather... untimely appearance get to you, by the way."

♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:21 pm

"U-uh..." Katrina stammered nervously, glancing backwards once in a while. She stopped moving so quickly when Silus was out of her sight and paused, looking around quickly one last time. "It was that Hego last night. I'm still not really in the mood for fighting," she said. She still had to explain to Spider the "intense look" she got when she was fighting, plus she wasn't exactly in a rush for them to meet. Some of it had to do with Silus knowing about what she did, but also how much tension there would be if they got on the wrong subject. "I-it's fine, he won't bother us. We might have wandered onto their territory anyways," she muttered, checking one last time to make sure he wasn't there. "But anyways, yeah, in New York City the only thing anyone cares about is their image. I mean, I suppose I might have been able to find someone, but I could tell who would just see me as someone to raise their status, which was basically everyone," she said shrugging. "And the ones who could careless about what people thought of them didn't seem to want anything to do with me- and I am by no means perfect..." she said, forcing herself to blush a little at the last part. She lowered her eyes and brushed her hair with her fingers as if she was almost embarrassed by his comment. She knew inside that she was just about perfect, but perfect also meant being modest so if that was what had to be done, then so be it. "I mean, it all started pretty weirdly. The first thing they usually look for is appearance, and I guess... some people might have... thought I was perfect like that..." she mumbled, pretending to laugh nervously. "Then it's how you act towards others, which, um..." she smiled a little and sighed. "Which people... also thought... that part about me was perfect- but I'm really not perfect. I mean, perfect is without flaws, or anything wrong, and everyone has their flaws about them..." Katrina saw no flaws in herself. She knew she had the looks and the attitude and everything else, except it wasn't real. That was the imperfect thing about her.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥ Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:00 pm

Spider tried not to look too surpised. "You're kidding, right? Who wouldn't want to be friends with you? You're perfect," he pointed out. "There must have been someone who was your friend before you became popular." He found it hard to believe that this cheerful, friendly, smart girl had never had any real friends. Then again, maybe she just had secrets that were tender to the touch. Sort of like him. He wouldn't blame her if she was masking something like that. Spider nodded. "Yeah. And to what extent you have fun. Can't let it get out of hand," he remarked. Spider shrugged when she mentioned not seeing anything like a rock slide. "We'll fine something. We just have to be creative. Were in the middle of the woods for goodness sake! There's gotta be something interesting somewhere in here." Spider's cheerful complexion dropped as he noticed Katrina's urgency. "What's wrong?" he inquired, his concern showing in his eyes. He walked in the direction that Katrina was pushing him in, but didn't let the subject drop. "And don't tell me 'nothing,'" he told her. He hated it when people clammed up and said "nothing." It was usually for stupid reasons, but he respected that there was the rare "nothing" that meant that there was something too sensitive to talk about. Somehow, he didn't think that this was one of those rare "nothing's."

♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Katrina stared down at her feet as she walked with her hands holding each other behind her back. "I know this might sound weird, but I've never really had any close friends," she said with a half smile. "They've all been there just to appear... I don't know, higher, I guess," she said. That was true, that she never had any friends, but she also never tried. She never wanted to get close to anyone since that would make it incredibly difficult for her to keep her act going. She did have a couple friends along the way that did honestly consider her their best friend, but of course she didn't share that feeling with them. She intended to keep that going, but she also realized that she didn't necessarily need to manipulate people while she was here because she didn't have too much to gain. At school she could gain a much higher position, student council, class president, multiple academic awards, but out here it was just life and death. Of course, she had gone through her whole life hardly trying to keep her life, so really nothing she could gain. She would stop her whole act right there, but it definitely wouldn't be believable then. "Yes, people need to learn how to balance between being grown up and having fun. You can have fun while being grown up, it just depends on where and when you do it," she said. She did not have fun. She did not try to enjoy herself. Katrina simply took care of the business she needed to, which was what life was about to her. Life wasn't about having fun to her, it was about doing what you needed to do and being the best you were. And so far, she hadn't "fulfilled" her life. High school only made her feel stupid, and she hadn't accomplished anything that would help the world. She knew she could find the cure to some deadly disease or invent some sort of technology that would benefit all of human kind, but she was stuck out in the forest, hiding from some men who wanted to put her, the smartest person in the history of human kind, into an insane asylum. Katrina sighed deeply and looked around with a face as if she was thinking then turned back to him. "Yeah, but I don't really remember seeing anything like that out here," she murmured then froze for half a second, seeing Silus perched in a tree far out of her radius of mind reading. She acted like she hadn't seen anything and pushed Spider a little in the opposite direction. "A-actually I think I remember a rock slide or something o-over this way..." she said, glancing backwards for a split second to see if Silus was following.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥ Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Spider nodded. "Maybe a happy medium would be nice... I dunno. It's weird. Stupid human nature," he shrugged. "It's always nice to have one or two close friends, I guess, though I've never really had one myself. I wasn't exactly the kid everyone wanted to hang out with in school. I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe because I'm a pushover, but I would always be the butt of everyone's jokes. It hurt some days more than others. I'm over it now. Just a bunch of jerks. I guess I had my Taekwondo master, but he wasn't exactly my peer," he explained, looking around as the birds flitted about the canopy of leaves above him. Spider thought a moment, thenb spoke. "How 'bout we find some place fun, like a rockslide or something?" he suggested. "It's about time someone had somke fun around here." Maybe it was a bit childish, but Spider couldn't remember the last time he'd really had fun, and he wanted to just be free for a moment. It's like when someone grows up, they forget how to have fun, and become so consumed with work or some war or whatever, he thought sadly. He didn't want to be like that. He knew that he couldn't be a kid forever, that he wasn't a kid anymore, but he could still have fun, couldn't he?

♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:29 am

"You see how happy someone is when they have something you don't have and you want that happiness, so in a way, yes that's exactly right," Katrina murmured, feeling like she wasn't really acting at the moment. It felt strange, but it was sort of half and half. She was still smiling a lot more than she would, but what she was saying was what she actually wanted to say, but it still fit with her act. "I've thought about that from time to time as well, if you could turn it on and off, and right now... I don't know. I think I'd rather be not so popular..." She knew her streak of 'truth' telling would end soon, and it ended there. She had worked all her life to become friends with everyone she met so she could manipulate them as she needed, but she found that out here she didn't really need to manipulate people. But she was so used to tricking people into what she wanted them to do it was almost like she was on autopilot. "I know you want to be popular sometimes but, it's really not worth it. It's better to have one close friend than a thousand distant ones. You can't count on all those friends who only want to be around you for your status. They're not really even friends, they're really just using you..." she said, pretending to be a little sad when she really wasn't a bit. She used her 'friends', and they used her. She was used to it, and all they were doing was bumping up their status while she was doing something that actually helped people, or herself, rather. She sighed and shook her head a little bit as if to snap herself out of the sad mood she was in. She looked up and around, blinking a little bit. "I don't know. just somewhere other than camp... or the Hego's camp... or civilization..." she said, laughing a tiny bit.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥ Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:08 am

Spider blinked down at Katrina as she hugged him, a little stunned at first, but put his arm around her for a moment. "I guess you're right," he murmured. "I figured that. Moping around isn';t going to help anything, so why do it, right? And maybe we always just want what we can't have. Sometimes I wonder if I would appreciate friends more than people who have friends, or realize that it really isn't all that great. Maybe we just want somethinbg because we can't have it," he pointed out. I can imagine that popularity can be stressful and tiring, but sometimes I wish I had that life. I'd always have someone to talk to. Then again, there are plenty of animals around and I guess I would get pretty irritated that all of my friends were fakes. You know, just 'friends' with me to be friends with the popular guy. So I don't really know. I guess it would be nice if you could turn it on and off," he explained. "So," he breathed. "Where are we off to?"

♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Katrina smiled and laughed a little, feeling a somewhat uncomfortable tug right in the middle of herself, but ignored it. She looked up at him when he thanked her, then hugged him. She rested her head on his shoulder and dropped her arms. "I can still be awkward. It's not often, I admit, but it can still happen," she said, smiling at him. She knew the hug wasn't "bad" since friends hugged each other, but they didn't really hold hands, so hugging was fine, in her mind. "I think my ability to avoid awkward situations has something to do with being able to read minds, but as you can see I don't always have the perfect words all the time," she said, shrugging a little and continued to walk. She knew in her own mind that she could always think of the perfect thing to say, but once in a while she had to make it seem like she slipped up to make her act not-so-perfect. If she was completely perfect, then people would start to wonder. She wouldn't seem normal if she didn't mess up like normal people once in a while, but she knew very well that she was far from normal. "It's good that you can laugh about it instead of being depressed. I know that there are a lot of people who would just sit and complain about not having friends or whatever. You shouldn't let it get to you, everyone will eventually find someone. Sitting there and moping about it isn't going to help. It seems like most people who do that don't realize that just complaining about it isn't going to help," she said , smiling softly. "I know it might sound weird to hear it, but a lot of 'popular' people don't really like being popular. Including me. Don't get me wrong, I love all of my friends, but sometimes it's nice to just be alone by yourself, or with just one person. I guess that's why I don't like spending so much time at the camp. I wasn't sure how to say it before without it seeming like I just don't want to spend time with the people there, but it can get pretty overwhelming," she said. She thought it was sort of funny how the one thing she had always had and never wanted was what he never had and always wanted.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥ Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:52 pm

"True," Spider murmured and smiled a little. "Thanks." He looked up at the camp and then back at Katrina. He really wasn't sure why, but she seemed to be dreading something. He searched her face for answers, but didn't find any. "Alrght," he said with a nod. "I think I'm up for it." Spider began to hobble around the outskirts of the camp and out into the woods again. He laughed. "You? Awkward? Yeah right. It's like you're almost immune to awkwardness," he pointed out. "I suppose for that reason you're lucky. People usually don't like awkward people, therefore avoiding them. As you may have noticed, despite my incredibly chipper personality, I have very few people waiting in line to see me," he said with a smile, laughing. He accepted the fact that he wasn't popular, though it occasionally got to him. Most of the time he didn't really mind. He would find someone else to talk to, no matter what the species. His self-conciousness and constant need to please everyone was probably why he was having so much trouble lately.

♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:33 pm

"Oh, no no, it's fine, I mean, it's fine.." Katrina said nervously, drawing her hand back at the same time he did. She laughing quietly and nervously and looked away like she was embarrassed, which she wasn't really faking so much. She heard his thoughts and quickly turned back to tell him otherwise. "No-no I would never think that!" she said quickly. "I know you'd never try to pull something like that, I'd hear you planning it out anyways...! It was just an honest mistake on both of our parts, you don't have to apologize!" She smiled, a little, still embarrassed, no doubt, but was starting to calm down. She took in a deep breath, attempting to calm her bright red face but didn't exactly do the trick. "It's perfectly fine, I've met plenty of awkward people, but I don't really know if you're the most awkward," she said, laughing lightly and much less frantic now. She looked back up at the camp and felt her stomach knot. "Um..." she started, acting like she was nervous about going in. "I'm not really wanting to go back to camp just yet... I mean, well first there's not exactly much to do, plus, I dunno, I just don't want to," she said, feeling awkward herself. She wished she had come up with a better excuse for not wanting to go back into camp, but she didn't want to get swarmed by all the girls again, but she couldn't say that since she knew everyone veiwed them as her friends. And a sweetheart like herself wasn't about to say that she wanted to stay away from her "friends". "Do you want to... um, go for a walk or something...? I mean if your leg hurts we can find some place to sit down..." she muttered, with a nervous smile. "Now I'm the awkward one..." she said, laughing a little.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥ Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Spider smiled. "Good," he murmured, and noticed Katrina's embarrassment. He looked down at their hands and blushed almost as much as she did. He quickly let go of her hand and looked around awkwardly. "Sorry... I didn't mean... I guess... I just forgot to let go..." he stuttered, trying to explain. Look what a mess you've gotten yoursdelf into, Spider. Nice going, he scolded himself. He sighed and looked at his stumbling feet. I just hope she doesn't think that I'm one of those disgusting guys who ask girls out after knowing them for a day or so, he thought, and knew that Katrina would hear it. Id didn't matter. His thoughts were probably playing out all over his face anyway. The last thing he wanted was for a new friend of his to get pushed away because she got the wrong idea. She he was glad in that instance that Katrina would know that he reall wasn't trying to make a move on her. "Guess I'm probably the most awkward person you know, huh?" he murmured half-sadly, half-jokingly. "I can never get it right, can I?"

♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Katrina thought very hard about what he had said but didn't show it on the outside. She interpreted what he said as if he was speaking I guess I should forgive you. I mean, that's the right thing to do. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to forget. I should still be able to protect myself. Just because I forgive you doesn't mean that I'm going to let you continue to hurt me. Of course, I'm probably going to keep an open mind. I mean, you can change. "Yeah, I guess it does make sense,' she said quietly. She had forgotten that Spider couldn't keep a secret, which made her decision even harder. At least he'll forgive me, that's the most important part... But telling him would also mean that he'd have to keep my secret, which I don't know I can trust him with. I guess I could just tell him that I'm not a sweet little girl, but that might freak him out or something. All he would know that I'm not who everyone knows me as, but the mystery of that would probably push him away. But he did say that he could hold his tongue if he needed to, but is that enough to trust him? She clenched her teeth, finally deciding that she would tell him if she ever really needed to. She looked around for Silus, feeling as if he was near, but wasn't sure since she couldn't hear his thoughts or see him. "Thanks," she said finally. "That helps, a lot," she said. She sighed silently and looked downwards and felt her whole face turn bright red when she saw that neither of their hands had let go from when she helped him stand up. She knew he didn't notice either since he hadn't thought about it, and wasn't sure if she should let go since it might make the whole situation more awkward. So she just stared at their hands with her bright red face.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥ Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:27 pm

Spider thought a moment, choosing his words carefully. "That's a good question... I guess you should forgive him. I mean, that's the right thing to do. But that doesn't mean that you have to forget. You should still be able to protect yourself. Just because you forgive someone doesn't mean that you have to let them continue to hurt you. Of course, you should probably keep an open mind. I mean, a person can change. They may have to win your trust back, but I'd let them be capable of actually winning your trust back. Don't say 'I forgive you,' then never think good of them again, I suppose is what I'm saying. Does that make sense?" he asked, looking over at Katrina. He smiled. "I'm glad you can trust me," hhe told her. "I won't bring it up in a conversation. I promise," he assured her. "I may be awful at keeping secrets, but I can hold my tongue when I really need to," he explained as they entered the Simal camp.

ooc/ I'm done with paragraphs... too much work. :/

♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:17 pm

"Yeah, I guess so," Katrina murmured, still feeling pretty spacey. She took in a deep breath and sighed, deciding to tell him. "Um, well I'm acting sort of weird because there's something I've been thinking about a lot lately..." She took in another deep breath as if she was nervous and turned towards Spider. "Well, there was this one guy, it happened a while ago, but he tried to take advantage of me, and I've always wondered if I should forgive him. It happened a couple years ago, but are you supposed just forgive and forget, or is it alright to not forgive them? I feel like I can't forgive him, but I haven't really tried yet just because I'm still not sure if I should," she murmured, looking away like she was nervous or sad. "What you you do if a girl did that to you? I know it's not really the same, but would you forgive someone if they did something like that to you, or... what? I haven't really talked to anyone about this before, but you seem like you'd understand what I'm talking about," Katrina smiled a little up at Spider. Even if he said he would forgive them, she wouldn't tell him just yet. She wasn't even positive if she'd ever tell him, but at least she'd know that she could tell him if she needed to. She knew he wouldn't help her with manipulating people, but she didn't need the help anyways.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥ Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Spider relaxed a bit. "Alright," he murmured. He grimaced when he heard what the Hego had been doing. "Creep," he muttered. "And I'm sure other people noticed you were gone," he tried to tell her, though hje wasn't quite sure. Mostly sure. But not completely.

Spider took Katrina's hand and let her help him up. "Thanks," he said with a smile, cheering up a bit. He looked around a bit more, admiring the lush greenery. It was a much nicer day in his book. Not nearly as hot, but still sunny.

Spider nodded. "It's alright. He's probably gone by now. If not, we can take him," he said with a grin. "And I completely understand. It's happened to me quite a few times," he told her honestly and began to hobble with Katrina in the direction of the camp.

♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ℓ ɪ ɓ ɓ ƴ ~ ♥
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Forget And Not Slow Down Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:42 pm

"Ah-Uh, no you're not bothering me at all...!" Katrina said quickly. She opened her mouth to say something about what she heard him thinking about, about his sister, but decided against it. She looked downwards somewhat sadly about the not-so-happy memory of his. "Uh, yeah kinda tend to wake up during my nightmares a lot, but," she shrugged and sat on her legs. "I found him sneaking around outside of the girls' tent. He ended up getting away, but I wasn't exactly in the mood to fight anyways," she murmured. She brushed some of her hair behind her ear and smiled softly. "I guess we should get back to camp, huh?" She straightened her legs and stood up, stretching a little. "Um, thanks for looking for me, or, um, whatever. I mean, obviously no one else noticed I was gone," she said looking around as if she was looking to see if anyone else from camp was around but was really checking to see if Silus was around. She wondered if she'd see him that day and what she should do if she did see him. She remembered that she needed to figure out how forgiving he was, but wasn't sure how to find out without it seeming strange. It only took her a moment to think of a way, but she would save it for later since she knew that he thought she was acting somewhat weird at the moment. She smiled at him a little bit and slowly held out her hand. "Sorry, it was just the Hego from last night. I guess falling asleep at a weird time last night and that nightmare kinda messed me up," she murmured, playing with her hair nervously.

Forget And Not Slow Down
Forget And Not Slow Down
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum